How to Protect - "Do It Yourself" Steps
1. Purchase a Panel Channels® Kit matched to your window or patio door opening. (Side slide or Front push in for Windows. "Kick-Up"™ for a Patio Door. Multi Level "Condo" Kit, Install Last Panel from Inside Condo).
2. Purchase 1/2" or 5/8" CDX plywood. The store will cut the sheet to the sizes recommended in the installation instructions. (3/4" plywood accepted)
3. Purchase the type and size of fasteners specified in the instructions specific to the type of building structure. (Other fasteners included)
4. Install the Panel Channels® fabrications according to the detailed and illustrated installation instructions provided and apply a waterproofing finish to the panel. (Panels are reusable if stored with care)
5. Install the storm panel(s). Secure the panel(s) to the Panel Channels® Kit as directed.
See Before and After window panel installation below
Installation of Panel Channels® systems requires a minimum of average do-it-yourself skills with hand and power tools, otherwise consult with a local handyman or family member to assist with or carry out the installation for you.